6 taken to hospital following exhaust fan malfunction at Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge, all ok

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. – Six people were taken to the hospital to be checked after an issue arose with the exhaust fans Thursday at Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge.

According to Fire Marshal Buddy Petry, at approximately 1 p.m. a problem developed with the exhaust fans on top of the gas boilers. This caused a gas buildup which leaked to the Lodge, Petry said.

About 100 people were evacuated.  Six people were taken to Marshall Medical Center to be checked, but are expected to be okay.

Petry said Guntersville Fire & Rescue responded, along with multiple ambulance services from across Marshall County.

The fire department checked all the rooms and determined all but one are clear. They are letting it air out and it should be back to normal soon.

Petry said the lodge is back open and crews are repairing the exhaust fans.

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.