The Flint River "Splash for Trash" is Saturday, September 26th from 9AM-1 or 2PM. Grab your canoes or kayaks (or rent them) to help clean up the river. They need people who have paddling experience on the river. Children 12 years and older that have experience can come. Everyone should wear their life vests. If you don't have a canoe or kayak or don't want to rent one, you can walk along the edge of the river to pick up trash.
Rental fees will be covered by a TVA Grant (Thanks TVA!), but if you have a kayak or canoe, please bring it. All TVA cooperators are getting some money for clean ups. The Flint River Conservation Association (FRCA) is the all-volunteer organization that has led these clean ups for 17 years.
If you are planning on renting, call Soos Weber at 256-539-3747 by September 24th no later than 5PM. FRCA will Supply:
• Some water, if needed, but they ask that everyone bring their own water bottles. You will see why when we are on the river;so many water bottles are thrown or wash into the Flint.
• Trash Bags
• Lunch at the 'After Party' (2-4PM)
What to Bring:
• A water bottle, and maybe snacks
• Hat and sunglasses (with tether)
• River shoes/sandals if you have them