Fire destroys cabinet business in downtown Grant

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MARSHALL COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) – The Grant Fire Department says a large fire destroyed a cabinet business in downtown Grant.

The fire started just before 4 p.m. in a building on Columbus City Road. Fire crews report the fire was mostly out by about 5:30 p.m.

The assistant chief says several firefighters went to the location. Officials say there were four fire units actively working to put out the fire and at least one more crew was standing by to help.

Fire officials say materials used to make cabinets caused the blaze to spread quickly.

The owner of the cabinet shop told fire crews the cause of the fire may have been electrical, but officials are still investigating what sparked the fire.

The fire destroyed the business. The owner told officials he does not have insurance.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.