Several valley events move or postpone due to possibility of storms
TENNESSEE VALLEY – Due to the possibility of rain and storms Saturday, several events around the Tennessee Valley are calling an audible to keep attendees dry.
We’re Taking Action for you to make sure you know where and when your event is meeting this weekend.
- In Athens, the Earth Day & Outdoor EXPO is being moved to Friendship United Methodist Church at 16479 Lucas Ferry Road.
- The Huntsville Greenpower USA Exhibition Race has been rescheduled for Sunday, April 26th from 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Grissom High School. More information about the program can be found at www.GreenPowerUSA.net.
- Also in Huntsville, the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes on Saturday, April 25 has been cancelled. Event organizers said, “We are working to have a celebration at the end of Man and are making every effort to incorporate all participants to praise the accomplishments of the walkers, partners, and sponsors.”
- The 9th Annual Riverside Roundup in Guntersville is postponed until Sunday, April 26 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Aggie Band Big Bass Classic has been postponed until Sunday, April 26.
- The Civil War Walking Tour scheduled for Saturday, April 25 at 10 a.m. at the Old State Bank will be rescheduled for Saturday, May 2 at 10 a.m.
- For the National Cornbread Festival in South Pittsburg, Tenn., all cook-offs for the weekend have been moved to 220 3rd St.
Know of an event change not listed? Email us at email@example.com.