Featured Job: Community Relations Director
Elmcroft is looking for a Community Relations Director for their assisted living community. The Community Relations Director plans and directs the marketing of Elmcroft’s community and services. Shows and initiates leases of apartments to prospective residents. Maintains positive public contact in the community. Expands referral source base to positively impact Elmcroft’s census. This position is also routinely responsible for the community in the absence of the Executive Director.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all Elmcroft’s Standards for Marketing are met.
- Interviewing prospective residents and records information to ascertain needs and qualifications for residing in an assisted living community. Maintaining detailed customer database in order to stay in close contact with potential residents/responsible parties.
- Accompanying prospective residents to model apartments and discusses size and layout of rooms, available services, associated fees, and terms of lease. Introducing prospective residents to department heads of areas in which they might have a particular concern. Becoming familiar with all services provided by all other departments in order to discuss these services accurately and objectively with the potential resident/family member.
- Effectively uses need-based selling to present Elmcroft’s advantages to prospects and families.
- Completing lease agreement and collecting rental deposit to ensure resident reserves the apartment of his/her choice. Following up with the family and/or physician to collect all information and arrange for any medical procedures prior to move-in per state and community guidelines.
- Inspecting condition of apartments and premises periodically and arranges for necessary maintenance to assure Elmcroft shows positively to the community.
- Working with the Executive Director and Department Heads to ensure completion of 100 Hours/100 Days Program to assure new residents are adjusting successfully to their new surroundings.
- Establishing strategic marketing plans to guide marketing efforts and help achieve Elmcroft’s census objectives. Ensuring effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated guidelines.
- Effectively educates medical community regarding Elmcroft and the assisted living setting in order to gain appropriate resident referrals.
- Managing marketing operating budget to assure spending is at or below budgetary guidelines utilizing spend-down sheets.
- Planning and overseeing advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail within the oversight of the Executive Director and the Regional Director of Operations or VP of Operations. Preparing or directing preparation of public relations releases, special brochures, and similar materials.
- Establishing and maintaining a consistent Elmcroft image throughout the community, and with promotional materials and special events held or sponsored by Elmcroft.
- Overseeing and evaluating market through research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions. Monitoring competitive services and marketing activities of other assisted living communities in the area so as to assure Elmcroft remains competitive in the marketplace.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners such as the state and national ALFA chapters, Alzheimer’s Association, AARP, Diabetes Foundation, and so forth. Serves as liaison with outside agencies to create goodwill for Elmcroft and educate those outside agencies on Elmcroft services.
- Participating in the Manager-on-Duty program.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all pertinent personal or health information concerning residents and staff.
- Other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Elmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness of our residents.
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.