It's Earth Day on April 18th and Hays Nature Preserve is planning a celebration for the whole family!
Relax and enjoy this free event and take home free tomato and cucumber plants as well!
More than 70 Earth-Friendly exhibitors and vendors will be on hand throughout the day.
- Mass butterfly releases at 11am & 1pm – Sponsored by the Alabama Cooperative Extension System
- Learn about Fly Fishing with casting and fly tying demos by the Tennessee Valley Fly Fishing Association
- Exhibits will have tips on having a more energy-efficient home, solar power and electric vehicles
- Children will enjoy a variety of activities including: face painting, playing in the natural playground, crafts to make and take home, and learning about animals.
- Explore Alabama’s Rich Natural Resources with demonstrations by the Alabama Department of Environmental Management about Fish Biodiversity
- Get up close to an owl, snakes, gopher tortoise and more as you learn about wildlife in Alabama from the Coosa River Science Center
- Children visiting Burritt on the Mountain’s exhibit at the festival will receive a pass for a day valid through May 8 to explore Time Travel Adventure
Pack a picnic lunch or enjoy healthy fare while it lasts during the festival. Please bring reusable water bottles to fill at our water stations.
For more information call (256) 532-5326.