Tuesday Weather Update: Road conditions & school delays
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – This morning sleet and snow falls across the Tennessee Valley. Reports come from Madison County to Sand Mountain and Lookout Mountain of mixed precipitation. There will be slick spots on the way to work this morning.
Click here for a link to Ben Smith’s latest blog post on what to expect Tuesday and beyond in the Tennessee Valley.
- WHNT News 19’s Jeff Gray reports ice is a concern on Interstate 565 east near the Washington Street exit
- Jeff also reports there are slick spots on Carl T. Jones Drive in Huntsville
- Memorial Parkway is open, including the elevated portion, but some areas are slick both north and southbound
- Madison Police have also issued an alert about ice forming at Interstate 565 at the Wall Triana exit
- Madison Police report as conditions are slick, especially on overpasses
- Many people report Keel Mountain Road is a solid, slick sheet of ice. Drivers are sliding. Please use extreme caution.
- DeKalb County – had been on a 3 hour delay – now closed for Tuesday
- Cornerstone Christian Academy in Rainsville – had been on a 3 hour delay – now closed for Tuesday
- Jackson County – had been delayed until 10:30 a.m. – now closed Tuesday
- Boaz City: 3 hour delay Tuesday
- Fort Payne City: 3 hour delay Tuesday
- Guntersville City: 2 hour delay Tuesday
- Marshall Christian School: Delayed 3 hours Tuesday
- Marshall County: 3 hour delay Tuesday
- Northeast Alabama Community College: Delayed until 11 a.m. Tuesday
- Blount County Schools: 3 hour delay Tuesday
- Cherokee County Schools: 3 hour delay Tuesday
- Etowah County Schools: 3 hour delay Tuesday
- DeKalb County Commission & government offices: 2 hour delay Tuesday
- DeKalb County Courthouse: 2 hour delay Tuesday