Featured Job: Parking Services Clerk
This is clerical work providing a variety of specialized office tasks for the Parking and Public Transit division. Work involves responsibility for auditing, verifying and balancing specific accounts, maintaining files and completing periodic reports.
Work is performed under general supervision and is reviewed by verification of results. Work involves performing specialized office assistance, data entry and clerical duties which requires the execution of established policies and procedures based on knowledge gained through experience on the job. Performs data entry; operates a computer for record keeping and document processing to input and retrieve data in support of Departmental operations; maintains records, files and compiles reports.
Tracks, calculates, types, processes, reviews for accuracy, and maintains data related to parking revenue.Counts monies received as needed and regularly transports and deposits money in the bank.Responds to inquiries from the public; answers multi-line phone, screens, and forwards telephone calls; greets visitors; relays information to personnel in the field via radio communication; responds to routine complaints.
Prepares, receives and reviews records and processes reports and or payments, invoices, purchase requisitions and other records according to established procedures. Requires regular and prompt attendance plus the ability to work well with others and work well as a team.
Must have a High School Diploma from a school accredited by a regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, or GED certificate issued by the appropriate state agency, including or supplemented by courses in accounting or bookkeeping; experience in maintaining accounting records; or any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of contemporary methods and techniques in the utilization of automated data processing for maintaining accounts.
- Knowledge of purchasing and accounting practices.
- Knowledge of computers and applicable software.
- Knowledge of records management policies, procedures, and processes.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to calculate and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to type on a computer keyboard for lengthy periods at a reasonable rate of speed performing data entry and clerical support functions.
- Ability to operate computer and applicable software, printer, two way radio, multi-line phone system, calculator and standard office equipment, while performing essential functions.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to interact with the public and provide information in a polite and efficient manner, both in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely on a telephone.
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.