Huntsville Fire & Rescue puts out apartment fire on O’Shaughnessy Ave

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – Huntsville Fire & Rescue put out an apartment fire at 1330 O’Shaughnessy Ave Thursday afternoon.

Residents of the apartment complex noticed smoke coming from an apartment and called 911.

When crews arrived, they found that no one was home at the apartment. They evacuated the apartment unit and put out the fire.

Crews on the scene said there was a small amount of damage around a closet in the apartment.

Only the resident of the apartment where the fire started will be displaced tonight. They other residents were allowed to return to their homes.

This is the ninth structure fire Huntsville Fire & Rescue has responded to since Jan. 5, according to a spokesperson.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.