Featured Job: Auto Body Technician
- Always check all the parts for correctness before starting the repair and notify the appropriate person of any incorrect parts or other discrepancies.
- Immediately notify the appropriate person of any hidden or missed damage that doesn’t appear on the Work Order.
- All straightening and repairs should be done according to factory specifications, including door, hood, and deck alignments, chassis and frame measurements, welded-on unibody parts, etc.
- Protect the customer’s car to prevent damage during the repairs. This includes but is not limited to the use of seat bags, floor mats, car covers, welding blankets, masking paper, or any other practical method to ensure positive results.
- Be responsible and accountable for all parts for any jobs that are assigned to you. Use parts cart system for holdings the parts and fasteners until they are installed or re-installed on the vehicle.
- Apply undercoating, gravel guard, seam sealer, and lubricants as the need presents itself or as listed on the Work Order.
- All repairs and painted parts should be completed to the point of “ready for paint” prior to delivering the vehicle to the paint department.
- After painting, re-assembly should be done as soon as possible, headlight adjustment, lamp checks and other final inspections should be done per inspection sheet prior to sending vehicle to detail.
- Inspect your work and that of others to ensure that the vehicle is delivered with a fit and finish equal or superior to the original factory fit and finish.
- Remain conscious of, and make every effort to achieve, the objectives outlined on the delivery list of cars scheduled. Sometimes this requires working overtime to meet the objectives.
- Upon completion of a job or nearing completion of a job, advise the production manager and request a new assignment.
- Maintain a good work attitude and cooperate with managers and fellow employees in a positive spirit of teamwork.
Applicant must be able to pass a background check, drug test, and have a clean driving record.
Applicant must have a minimum of three years’ experience and have their own tools.
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.