Featured Job: Direct Support Professionals
The Direct Support Professional is someone who has the desire to guide, coach, teach by example, and the ability to enhance someone else’s life using respect, patience, and kindness to help them achieve their maximum level of independence. They will assure individuals have opportunities to learn and grow in accordance with personal outcome measures through education and life experiences. Success is measured in positive changes made in the lives of the individuals and the communities we serve.
- Completes duties to ensure that individuals receive needed support in a positive environment that enhances the persons’ ability to achieve their personal goals.
- Performs and provides support with personal care (if needed) which may include, but not limited to bathing, dressing, dental care, hair care, etc.
- Completes duties to ensure the health and safety of individuals, including, but not limited to taking people to medical appointments, providing medication administration, and education, reporting signs and symptoms of unusual behaviors, etc.
- Provides support to individuals by attending and participating in leisure and recreational activities based upon the individuals’ personal interests
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with individuals receiving services and their family members, co-workers, related agencies, and others.
- Completes all required documentation required to ensure compliance with VOA Policies & Procedures and funding sources.
- Completes basic household tasks to maintain home in an environment that meets the approval of the individuals residing in the home as well as VOA health and safety requirements and DMH certification standards.
High School diploma or GED required. Applicants must be eighteen years or older with a valid Alabama driver’s license and a good driving record. Experience with persons with intellectual disabilities preferred. Benefits, including retirement plan are available. Volunteers of America Southeast, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace, EOE
*All interested applicants should apply online at http://www.voase.org