Featured Job: OHG Insurance Specialist
The Insurance Specialist is responsible for daily billing functions for the Occupational Health Group (OHG) Department. Assists the Department to maintain office flow. May cross train or assume clerical duties as needed.
Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
One year previous work experience required. (Additional education may be substituted for experience.) Previous experience with word processing, automated accounting systems and data base systems preferred.
- Ability to accurately type 50 Wpm required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with the public.
- Understand and provide all aspects of medical billing on a computer billing system (Stolas) with accuracy and quality of work including: carrier information, entering payments into the computer, entering billing data and printing bills, re-bills and monthly reports.
- Posts all payments to include: accurate posting of payments, PPO disallows, rebilling any unpaid balances, processing requests for adjustments/refunds as needed and preparing daily deposit.
- Posts all charges, prints HCFA’s and mails to insurance carriers.
- Collaborates with ancillary departments to transport or retrieve information.
- Provides copies of records as required to patient, employer, insurance company, etc.
- Provides general information regarding OHG to prospective clients.
- Complies with all established departmental and HGA policies and procedures.
- Ensures optimum customer service is always provided.
- All employees should regard coming to work on time, working their shift as scheduled, and leaving at the scheduled time as an essential function of their job
- Opens mail, separates checks, and balances batches
- Verifies and balances checks balance against Stolas reports
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.