DeKalb County girl hurt at fireworks show

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

File photo of a 2013 fireworks show.

FYFFE, Ala. (WHNT)-  A 14-year-old Fyffe girl is recovering from second degree burns after an accident at a fireworks show Saturday night.   Gail Ramza tells WHNT News 19 that her daughter, Airel, suffered burns to her leg during the show at Fyffe Church of God.

The church puts on a locally produced fireworks show each year in the church’s parking lot.   According to Ramza, a firworks canister fell over toward the crowd.   Two other people had minor injuries.

Ramza says Airel will go back to the doctor again in the coming days but is doing well.

1 Comment

  • james

    I am wondering was this fireworks display by a professional company or were the consumer type fireworks shot off by someone?

Comments are closed.