Madison County Family Loses Their Home to an Overnight Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HAZEL GREEN, Ala. (WHNT)- A Madison County Family is in need of a home after a fire Tuesday night in Hazel Green.

Four adults were inside the mobile home at 1019 Ready Section Road, when they became aware of the fire.

All of them were able to get out of the home and call officials just after midnight.

Crews from the Hazel Green, Bobo, and Toney Fire Departments responded to the call.

When first responders arrived on the scene, they found the back of the home fully engulfed in flames.

Fire crews were able to put the fire out, but the residence is considered a total loss.

Fortunately, none of the residents were hurt.

However, three dogs and a rabbit were killed in the fire.

The Red Cross is working with the family to find them a temporary home.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.