Featured Job: Telecommunications Technician
The NASA Teleconferencing Center (NTC) is responsible for setting up all video conferences across the NASA network.
The candidate will:
- Be responsible for the NTC Security Plan – working with security, understanding the plan and tracking/making changes as required.
- Assist with the Tandberg Management Suite (TMS) video bridging equipment and set up and monitor all conferences as requested by the NTC supervisor.
- Administer and use the NASA Resource Scheduler (NRS) system – this allows the NTC to communicate with all the other video room operators at the different centers in scheduling and changing video conference calls.
- Be responsible for the Desktop Mobile Video (DMV) testing and maintenance from an NTC standpoint, plus working with engineering on all system changes and activities. This involves setting up new accounts on the DMV, testing with new users, and troubleshooting problems as they occur.
Other responsibilities of the NTC candidate will include:
- Assist with the writing procedures for the NTC
- Assist with certifying new VITS rooms
- Testing new VITS rooms for audio/video quality with non-NASA users
- Opens incidents (trouble tickets) on a case by case basis whenever video conference problems are experienced
BS or equivalent and 3+ years of related experience. Military experience highly preferred.
Good communication skills (interaction with high level personnel), good phone skills, basic computer skills – familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, technical skills, excellent writing skills, and the ability to multi-task.
Audio/Video teleconferencing skills and/or technical/troubleshooting skills.
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.