Featured Job: Network Admin
The selected candidate will assist in hardware and software integration configuration, validating and daily operation. The candidate will perform hardware and software improvements, apply operating system (OS) patches, integration, and test software, provide system performance tuning and monitoring and validating, resolve client/server and workstation related problems, and follow Government established software/hardware baseline configuration to setup, maintain, and configure servers, associated client workstations, and peripherals.
The candidate will also assist in conducting risk assessments and vulnerability scans using manual and automated tools in accordance with US Army and DOD regulations. The candidate will perform SQL Server database backups and restores, performance monitoring and tuning, query optimization, validating to identify and resolve problem areas, maintain database cluster environment, manage replication, write SQL scripts, create and modify database tables and indexes, and maintain recoverable database posture to ensure data availability and integrity.
Bachelor’s degree (equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree) and 5+ years experience is required.
Candidate must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
1. Current Information Assurance Security Officer certification, CompTIA Security+ certification, and a computing environment certification in a Microsoft operating system.
– Administration of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Server 2003, Server 2008, SQL Server 2008, and Microsoft Information Service (IIS) is required.
– Microsoft Visual Studio, Office 2007, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), and Active Directory are highly desired.
– Experience with VMware VSphere technologies (V-Motion, HA, FT) desired.
– Experience developing custom scripts to manage a multi-host Windows network environment a plus.
3. The candidate needs to have the ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written as well as work well independently and in a team environment.
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time