The Amercian Cancer Society hosts it annual Relay for Life events for the Tennessee Valley this spring. Celebrate cancer survivors and remember lost loved ones as you fight back against a disease that affects so many. Visit relayforlife.org or call (256) 536-1863 to find an event close to you.
Below are the upcoming local 2013 Relay For Life events.
- April 20th Relay for Life of Rogers High School- Rogers High School Track
- April 26th Relay for Life of Hartselle- J.P. Cain Stadium
- May 3rd Relay for Life of Decatur- Ingalls Harbor
- May 3rd Relay for Life of Limestone County- Athens Sports Plex
- May 3rd Relay for Life of Franklin County-Russellville High School
- May 10th Relay for Life of Madison- Madison City Schools Stadium
- May 10th Relay for Life of Lawrence County- Lawrence County High School
- May 17th Relay for Life of Huntsville- John Hunt Park
- May 17th Relay for Life of the Shoals- UNA Practice Field
- June 7th Relay for Life of North Madison County- Hazel Green High School
Then Paint the Town Purple throughout the month of April. Donate $10 to Relay for Life and receive a decorative purple bow to display at your home or business.
Paint the Town Purple efforts will take place in the following communities:
- Relay For Life of Huntsville will Paint the Town Purple the week of April 22- April 28.
- Relay For Life of Limestone County will Paint the Town Purple the week of April 22 - 28. Purple bows will be sold and there will be a window painting contest.
For more information about how to participate in painting your town purple or volunteering for the Relay For Life event in your community, call (256) 536-1863 or visit relayforlife.org.