Chimney Fire Spreads to Attic of Morgan County Home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

MORGAN COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) - A home on Leaning Pines Drive in Morgan County is severely damaged after a fire that started in the chimney spread to the attic.

The fire caused the chimney to collapse.  When that happened, the roof collapsed too.  That is when all the firefighters left the home to fight the fire from the outside.

Four different fire departments responded to the home to help put out the fire.

The Red Cross has been called to the home to help the displaced family.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.