VOTE NOW: Click here to see the final 5 baseball team names and cast a vote for your favorite.

Fire Erupts in Apartment Complex Laundry Room

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – An investigation is underway after a fire breaks out in the laundry room of an apartment complex. It happened at West Gate Apartments on Pizitz drive in Huntsville.
Fire crews were called to the complex around 12:45 Friday morning, after residents saw flames coming from the laundry room. Huntsville Fire Department sent four engines to put out the blaze. According to firefighters, there is heavy fire and smoke damage to the laundry room. About dozen washers and dryers were inside. No one  injured in the blaze. Fire investigators are focusing on a possible clogged dryer vent or electrical malfunction as the cause.