Committee of 100 Announces Endorsements In Huntsville, Madison Races
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – The Committee of 100 announced its endorsements for municipal candidates in Huntsville and Madison in the upcoming August 28 elections.
The Committee of 100’s BizPac Board interviewed candidates for various races, including all candidates for mayor in Huntsville and Madison. BizPac is the Committee’s political arm.
The BizPack board endorsed Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle and Madison Mayoral candidate Troy Trulock.
“The BizPac Board interviewed all candidates for both mayoral races and agreed that Battle and Trulock epitomize the leadership, vision and collaborative spirit we seek in candidates,” said Ron Klein, chair of BizPac. “Both have demonstrated a keen understanding of local issues and have viable plans to address those issues.”
Here is a list of endorsements by the Committee of 100 for Huntsville races:
- Tommy Battle, Huntsville Mayor
- Laurie McCaulley, Huntsville Board of Education, District 1
- Mike Culbreath, Huntsville Board of Education, District 5
- Will Culver, Huntsville City Council, District 5
BizPac did not make an endorsement in the Huntsville City Council, District 1 race between Richard Showers and Gene Perry.
Here are the endorsements for Madison races:
- Troy Trulock, Madison Mayor
- Tim Holcomb, Madison City Council, District 1
- Devinti Williams, Madison City Council, District 2
- D.J. Klein, Madison City Council, District 3
- Mike Potter, Madison City Council, District 4
- Tommy Overcash, Madison City Council, District 5
- Larry Vannoy, Madison City Council, District 6
- Ronica Ondocsin, Madison City Council, District 7
WHNT News 19, The Huntsville Times, Leadership Huntsville-Madison County and the Committee of 100 hosted a debate featuring the Huntsville and Madison mayoral candidates on Tuesday, August 14. Watch the debate here.