Several Tennessee Valley schools cancel after school activities Monday due to weather concerns

Overnight Electrical Fire In Mobile Home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Just after midnight Tuesday morning firefighters from the Piney Chapel and Owens communities responded to a mobile home fire in the 2100 block of County Road 127 in Limestone County.

The owner of the mobile home said he woke up to the alarm of the smoke detector, and by the time he got up, the mobile home was full of smoke.

Firefighters quickly put out the fire.  They say it started in the floor and was likely caused by faulty electrical wiring.

The man should be allowed back into his home tomorrow after inspectors determine the home’s electrical wiring is safe.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.