Sparkman Middle School Evacuated Because of Smoke

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Students were evacuated at Sparkman Middle School on Tuesday due to smoke.

Toney Fire responded to a possible school fire at around 11:00 a.m., but did not find a fire when firefighters arrived. Firefighters did find a malfunctioning electrical fan appears in one of the school's air conditioning units. Crews used a machine to remove smoke from the building.

All students were put on school buses and kept in an outside area on school property while the search for a fire was happening.

Harvest Fire and Monrovia Fire responded top assist due to the call involving a school. HEMSI and Madison County Sheriff deputies also responded to offer assistance.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.