Supply Chain Planner – Buyer II, Avocent Corporation
Supply Chain Planner – Buyer II
Employee Type :
Energy – Utilities – Gas – Electric
Manages Others :
Job Type :
Purchasing – Procurement
4 Year Degree
At least 5 year(s)
Post Date :
Ref ID :
Candidate will be responsible for maintaining an uninterrupted supply stream for multiple sites. The position will require frequent interface with Product Marketing, Product Management, and Sales, as well as with Engineering, Quality, and Logistics. Weekly release of forecasts and production requirements will require daily monitoring of inventory levels and product change notifications. The position will entail involvement during all stages of the product life cycle with regard to cost of ownership and execution of the supply chain elements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Use ERP/MRP system and planning tools to drive purchasing and job scheduling to meet production schedules and customer requirements
• Maintain the accuracy of purchase item data and planning parameters driving the ERP system.
• Manage inventories to optimized and pre-established levels
• Contact suppliers to expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, and follow up on late deliveries or other problems; utilizes sound negotiation and analysis skills to reduce overall costs.
• Ensure ECOs are effectively implemented including, supplier communication, updating PO revisions, coordinating implementation to open production orders
• Works closely with Quality and Engineering to monitor and correct supplier non-conformance issues
• Manage supplier relationships, and maintain long range price agreements and bonds
• Work with Accounting to resolve receiving and accounts payable issues related to suppliers
• Foster cross-functional teams to improve the development of new products and a positive team atmosphere; coordinate with all departments in the organization to bring new products to fruition
• Works in a team environment, may be required to attend off hour meetings with global supply chain partners. Some travel possible at times.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• Experience using ERP/MRP systems, including order management and planning tools to interpret MRP demands to buy and build requirements. Experience with SAP or Oracle a plus.
• Purchasing, scheduling techniques, material requirements planning, inventory management, and risk management preferred.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Initiative and ability to work independently.
Education & Experience:
• BS Degree or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Buyer/Planner in electronics manufacturing industry or applicable experience preferred.
• Certification in Inventory Management, APICS and/or Procurement, C.P.M. recommended.
Click here to apply.