Administrative Assistant, Universities Space Research Association
Universities Space Research Association
Employee Type :
Science & Technology
Manages Others :
Job Type :
Admin – Clerical
4 Year Degree
Post Date :
Founded in 1969, USRA is an independent research corporation with competencies that span space, Earth, and life sciences, along with related disciplines. These competencies are closely aligned with the nation’s science & technology, homeland security, and national security agencies. As a non-profit corporation, USRA’s scientific and technical staff collaborates with over 400 academic and professional research organizations annually. A member consortium of 105 major research universities oversees USRA to ensure that it meets its public purpose as a non-profit in a way that provides equal, unbiased access to opportunities for all researchers. This depth of reach into the research community provides a unique platform for advancing science and technology.
USRA seeks an Administrative Assistant for a full-time exempt position in the Huntsville, AL area. The Administrative Assistant will provide support to our different programs. The ideal candidate must be versed in many aspects of business, have the ability to adapt to various tasks and the ability to interact with people in a broad range of levels.
How to apply: Applicants should submit a resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
USRA offers an excellent compensation package commensurate with experience and capabilities including generous fringe benefits. USRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Administrative support for program Director
* Assistance in the preparation and facilitation of team meetings and workshops
* Maintenance and administration of project documentation and document repositories
* Maintenance of organizational charts and team contact lists
* Scheduling meetings, conferences, and appointments
* Screening phone calls, arranging travel and compiling expense reports
* Coordination of team social events
* Coordination of rewards and recognition programs
* Ad-hoc administrative support during critical “crunch” times
This position will also assist with proposal coordination, including:
* Tracks the progress of work in process and manages documentation configuration
* Coordinates and attend proposal stand up and team meetings
* Manages access to electronic collaboration tools for proposal teams
* Manages production of all materials including internal and color reviews and final production
* Daily maintenance and project level initiatives for GovWin
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS DESIRED
* Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or equivalent experience.
* Requires at least 3 years of experience in secretarial, editorial, organizational and general office skills.
* Requires the ability to take direction and the ability to work independently and with confidentiality.
* Experience using Costpoint or other enterprise accounting software preferred.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Docushare and other office equipment.
* Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple concurrent tasks
* Deltek CostPoint and/or GovWin experience is preferred
* A working knowledge of government contracts and cooperative agreement notices
* The skill to independently define, schedule, and manage the proposal preparation process
* A working knowledge of Shipley proposal process is desire
Click here to apply.