In partnership with UAH, UNA, and the United Way of Madison County, SaveFirst is offering free tax preparation services to families in Huntsville, Decatur, Florence & Muscle Shoals.
Families who made up to $54,000 last year with kids in the home, or up to $20,000 last year with no kids in the home are eligible for this service.
Services are provided by IRS-certified students from UAH and UNA and the site is managed by AmeriCorps Members from Impact Alabama.
Interested individuals should call 1-844-44-TAX-AL to schedule their free appointment. SaveFirst will be offering this services through April 17th.
Daytime, evening, and Saturday hours for tax preparation are available in the following locations:
- Optimist Recreation Center (703 Oakwood Ave NE, Huntsville, AL 35811)
- United Way of Madison County office (701 Andrew Jackson Way NE, Huntsville, AL 35801)
- Turner Surles Community Center (702 Sycamore Street NW, Decatur, AL 35601)
- Weeden Elementary School (400 Baldwin Street, Florence, AL 35630 – use back entrance)
- Muscle Shoals Public Library (1918 Avalon Ave, Muscle Shoals, AL 35661)
Impact America's SaveFirst initiative is in its twelfth year of operation. Last year, over 590 trained students from twenty-one campuses prepared tax returns for more than 9,000 families at 23 free tax sites. The campus collaboration helped working families secure more than $15.6 million in tax refunds, saving them over $3.6 million in commercial tax preparation fees. This year, they expect to prepare over 10,000 returns at tax sites statewide.