Pondarosa Fire started in electrical closet, according to State Fire Marshal

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

TRINITY, Ala. - The state fire marshal's office says the fire that destroyed the Pondarosa Furniture store  on June 1 started in an electrical closet.

While State Fire Marshal Scott Pilgreen says it's too soon to release an official cause, investigators believe the fire was likely electrical in nature.

Pondarosa Furniture had been family owned and operated since 1966.