MADISON COUNTY, Ala. – 13 nonprofits are feeling the love from Huntsville Hospital. They have each been recognized for the good work they do in the community.
Thursday Huntsville Hospital's Community Health Initiative gave out $500,000 worth of grant money. "Every nonprofit has wonderful programs to improve the overall health in our community, but there are certain ones that speak to our hearts," Community Health Initiative Chair Beth Richardson.
The $500,000 was split between the following nonprofits:
1. Autism Resource Foundation- $2,500
2. CASA - $45,000
3. Community Free Clinic - $100,000
4. Community Free Dental Clinic - $40,000
5. HEALS - $85,000
6. New Hope Children's Clinic - $75,000
7. North Alabama Medical Reserve Corps - $2,000
8. North Alabama Sickle Cell - $6,000
9. Rock Steady Boxing - $22,000
10.The Arc of Madison County - $20,000
11. United Cerebral Palsy - $2,500
12. Village of Promise - $10,000
13. WellStone Behavioral Health - $90,000
Richardson said all of the nonprofits who applied were all deserving.