HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The Better Business Bureau of North Alabama held its 19th Annual Torch Awards for Ethics ceremony today at the Jackson Center in Huntsville.
The BBB accepted nominations from any business or non-profit in the thirteen counties of North Alabama. Here are the winners and finalists in each category:
- Winner: BID Designs, LLC.
- Finalists: Burleson Pool Company, Inc., Feria Painting Inc., Integration, LLC., Jackson Plumbing Heating & Cooling
- Winner: Nesin Therapy Service, P.C.
- Finalists: Dealers Auto Auction of Huntsville, LLC., First Partners Bank, Good Samaritan Hospice of Madison, Inc.
- Winner: Valley Rubber, LLC
- Finalists: Booz Allen Hamilton, CIS Financial Services, Inc., Home Instead Senior Care
- Winner: Dynetics Inc.
- Finalists: PeopleTec, Inc, Qualis Corporation, System Dynamics International, Inc.
- Winner: Hospice of Marshall County, Shepherd’s Cove
- Finalists: The Boys & Girls Clubs of North Alabama, CASA of Madison County, Downtown Rescue Mission
The event also included the winners of the 15th annual BBB Torch Scholarship Competition. More than 275 high school students applied. Eight were selected to win a $1,000 college scholarship, mainly of the basis of their essays on ethics in the marketplace. Each winner also received an engraved keychain, donated by Donny's Diamond Gallery of Huntsville.
The 2016 "Students of Integrity" are:
- Anna Clay Adams, Albertville High School
- Karly Beth Cook, Winfield High School
- Kaitlyn N. Fennell, Florence High School
- Emily Rose Maxwell, Kate Duncan Smith DAR High School
- Michael Joe McMeen, Grissom High School
- Molly Ann Norris, Winfield High School
- Carly Allison Taylor, Hamilton High School
- Autumn Faith Terry, Lawrence County High School
Scholarship sponsors included: Allstate Insurance (Becky Gordon), Dealers Auto Auction of Huntsville, LLC, Donny’s Diamond Gallery, Inc., Fraternal Order of Eagles (Auxiliary Number 3263), Gan Corporation, Greater Huntsville Rotary Foundation, Huntsville Fitness Equipment & Fitness Zone, Jerry Damson, Inc., Joe Wheeler Electric Membership Corporation, Redstone Federal Credit Union, Southern Heating & Cooling, Inc. and Torch Technologies, Inc.