We know it is important to protect our computers and laptops from viruses but not many of us stop to think about the safety of our smartphones. The Better Business Bureau offers the following suggestions to keep your phone safe from hackers:
- Only download Apps from known vendors
- Turn off Bluetooth and WiFi when not being used
- Check permission settings to ensure the proper privacy settings
- Check the settings every time there is a new OS or security update
- Look into cell-phone anti-virus and anti-malware software
- Keep up-to-date with all updates
The BBB also wants to remind everyone there is no voting via text, you must go to your local voting station and vote in person.