HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The deadline to apply for the Huntsville City Schools magnet program is fast-approaching.
Parents have until Friday, November 4 to fill out the online application, found here.
The window to apply for the 2016-17 school year closes at midnight.
The available magnet programs are:
- International Baccalaureate at Columbia High School (Grades 9-12)
- Biomedical Science, Engineering, and Computer Science at New Century Technology High (Grades 9-12)
- Performing and Creative Arts at Lee High School (Grades 9-12)
- College Academy at Jemison High School (Grades 9-12)
- The Academy for Academics & Arts (Grades PreK-8)
- The Academy for Science & Foreign Language (Grades PreK-8)
- The Academy for Gifted & Talented at Williams P-8 (Grades 6-8)
While applications must be completed online, any parent in need of assistance may come to the Central Office, located at 200 White Street. Staff members are available to help with the process.
Seats in the PreK through 5th grade will be filled using a random lottery selection.
A few additional steps, including an essay, will be used to select older students.
Parents should be notified before winter break if their child has been selected.