HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The annual Greek bake sale in Huntsville sponsored by the Holy Cross-Saints Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church is happening on November 12 from 10 am until 2 pm.
The sales have already started online and you can pre-order your yummy baked goods here:
The church is offering traditional Greek pastries and bread:
- Baklava - Layered filo dough with walnuts, spices and butter steeped in a traditional syrup
- Kourambiedes -Shortbread butter cookie with toasted almonds and dusted with powdered sugar
- Melomakarona- Honey and nut cookie topped with chopped walnuts
- Koulourakia - Mild butter cookies flavored with vanilla and orange zest; great with coffee or milk
- Tyropitakia - A blend of 4 cheeses wrapped in filo dough formed into triangles (comes frozen)
- Greek Bread- Braided traditional Greek dinner bread (comes frozen)
Pick-up will begin at 10:00 a.m. at the parish hall of the Greek Orthodox Church located at 3021 University Drive, Huntsville.