HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The Salvation Army will be taking applications for its annual Angel Tree program this week.
The Angel Tree program provides Christmas toys for eligible children in need.
Families interested in participating in the program must meet eligibility requirements and sign up their child.
Applications will be taken at the Huntsville Salvation Army office located at 2114 Oakwood Avenue on the following days:
- October 3: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- October 4: 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- October 5: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- October 6: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- October 7: 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Families signing up for the Angel Tree program are also asked to bring the following:
- Photo ID for each adult in the house
- Birth certificate for each eligible child
- Custody paper (if applicable)
- Lease agreement, rent receipt or mortgage payment booklet to show proof of residence
- Proof of earned and unearned income for each member of your household
- Proof of all household bills
- Tenant profile (HUD/Section 8 if applicable)
The Angel Tree program is for qualifying children ages 1-12 years old. Families are asked to know the clothing size and three wish list items for each child being registered.
It’s important to note that children are not permitted at registration and you may not leave them unsupervised outside.