Plenary results to be released in deadly crash of Malaysian aircraft

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NIEUWEGEIN, Netherlands (AP) _ A relative of a victim of the downing of a Malaysia Airlines plane over Ukraine says he and other family members have been told that a Dutch-led investigation has found proof that a mobile Buk missile launcher had been moved into eastern Ukraine from Russia at the time.

Hans de Borst, whose 17-year-old daughter perished in the shootdown, said he and other family members were briefed privately Wednesday morning before a news conference scheduled to announce the preliminary results of a Dutch-led investigation into the causes of the disaster.

He says the investigators said they had proof, including communications intercepts and radar data, that a mobile Buk missile launcher had been moved into eastern Ukraine from Russia. He says investigators said the launcher was moved back into Russia the Boeing 777 was downed.