Salvation Army announces dates for Angel Tree sign-ups
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – The Salvation Army once again wants to make sure children in need in our community wake up to a gift or two on Christmas morning. First, they need parents to come and register their children.
Applications will be taken at 2114 Oakwood Avenue on the following days:
- Monday, October 3, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 4, 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 5, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 6, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 7, 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
The organization said they will not accept late applications. Children from 12 months to 12 years old on Christmas Day are the ages that qualify. If your children have received gifts off the Angel Tree for the past five years, you will not be eligible to apply this year.
The Salvation Army will not allow children registration, so parents must make arrangements to leave children with family or friends. Parents may not leave children in the parking lot
Parents must bring the following information with them to sign-ups:
- Picture ID for all adults living in the household
- Birth certificate for each eligible child, custody paperwork if applicable
- Lease agreement, rent receipt or mortgage payment booklet which shows proof of current address
- Proof of all income; earned and unearned for every member of your household
- Food stamps benefit letter
- Proof of all bills – If you have no income, bring ID and income information of the person that pays the bills
- Tenant profile if applicable from HUD or Section 8 housing
Before parents arrive, make sure to have a list of the children’s clothing sizes and three small items off their wish list.