Didn’t Cut the Mustard:
Mt. Top Café at 9151 Hwy 243 in Phil Campbell: Score of 76
- Toxic chemical not labeled. Abated on site by labeling
- Eggs and cheese in reach in cooler @ 46-50 degrees
- Not signed up for approved course
- Did not wash hands before donning gloves and handling food. Abated by discarding and washing hands
Waffle House #1283 at 2501 Florence Blvd in Florence: Score of 82
- Maintain cooler at 41 F or below.
- Personal drink spilled on prep table. Abated – drink removed and cleaned.
Hibachi Express at 1720 6th Avenue in Decatur: Score of 81
- Flies present
- Sanitizer / detergent dripping off pans that were drying into the sink where shrimp was being thawed
Huang’s Mt. Fuji Japanese at 1410 North Brindlee Mtn Pkwy in Arab: Score of 79
- Unlabeled detergent bottle at dish machine area.
- Damaged food contact surfaces: Teflon inside rice steamers, skimmers and fry baskets.
- TCS foods in make line cooler at 45 - 49 degrees.
- Personal drink cup over clean utensils at dish washing area.
Huddle House – (Arab) at 759 North Brindlee Mtn Pkwy in Arab: Score of 79
- Excessive grease on ground at tallow bin.
- Cracked ice scoop and ice bucket.
- No certified manager.
- Hose connected at mop sink without back siphon protection.
Food Basket at 715 Sampson Circle in Albertville: Score of 81
- TCS foods in 2-door cooler at 46 degrees, raw meats in produce cooler" at 51 degrees.
- Unlabeled cleaner bottle.
- Soda nozzle diffusers needed to be cleaned.
Buenavista Mexican Restaurant at 24663 John T. Reid Pkwy in Scottsboro: Score of 83
- Prep cooler was 50 degrees.
- Cheese sauce in warmer was 120 – 130 degrees.
- Personal drinks in prep area.
Golden Spoon Winner:
Iceworks Shaved Ice (Commissary and Mobile Unit 3) at 3801 Oakwood Ave NW in Huntsville: Score of 100