1 injured in house fire on Andros Dr. in Huntsville
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – A man is alive after a fire cause significant damage to his home on Andros Dr. SW Friday afternoon.
According to Huntsville Fire & Rescue Captain Frank McKenzie, the fire started around 1:30 p.m. Friday. When crews arrived on the scene, heavy smoke was seen coming from the house.
McKenzie said the only resident present at the time of the fire was able to escape, only suffering minor burns.
One firefighter was injured while working the scene when a piece of equipment stuck him in the head. McKenzie said the firefighter was alert and talking, but was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
There was significant damage to the home. The resident’s pet dog perished in the fire.
There’s no word yet on the cause of the fire.