Featured Job: Account Executive
WHNT News 19 has an immediate opening for an Account Executive. Candidate will be expected to maintain and grow an existing account list, as well as develop new business by selling all aspects of WHNT. In addition, candidate will provide exceptional customer service and form new relationships with clients.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Three to five years media sales exp. & college degree preferred. Nielsen, One Domain, Wide Orbit and Internet/Convergence sales a plus. Need a proven track record of new business and NTR development plus ability to grow business by developing marketing solutions and creative ideas. Need to have excellent written, verbal and organizational skills. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point). Must possess a valid Alabama Driver’s license.
- Responsible for the retention of current business and the development of new business as evidenced by the attainment of sales goals in total revenue & emphasis revenue.
- Sells special projects that generate new business.
- Develops relationships with multiple level contacts at both agencies and advertisers in order to better understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients in order to help them achieve their objectives through effective use of electronic media.
- Develops and successfully executes aggressive growth action plans, overcomes obstacles, continuously improves client relationships by adding value, enhances profitability and increases revenue by fully leveraging the station’s unique advantages.
- Makes sales presentations to all classifications of advertisers to obtain orders for advertising time and use of commercial production facilities.
- Co-ordinates internally the actual purchase of advertising time, placement of the schedule and availability of production material.
- Schedules and makes marketing presentations in conjunction with Sales Manager/Marketing Research using station research materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned. May include some evenings and weekends.
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.