Homeowner credits dogs for saving his life following house fire

ARDMORE, Ala. (WHNT) – A homeowner says his dogs saved his life after his home caught fire.

Now he fears those dogs did not make it out of that fire alive.

Crews responded around 2:30 a.m. to the home near the intersection of Cedar Hill Road and Mims Street.

Firefighters arrived to find the home engulfed in flames.

The homeowner says he woke up to his dogs barking then looked downstairs and saw his home on fire.

He jumped out of a first-floor window to escape.

Crews treated him for minor injuries.

Firefighters worked quickly to put out the fire.

However, we’re told a hydrant was inadvertently damaged as crews attempted to hook up a truck.

The home is considered a loss.

Firefighters left the area around 5:00 a.m. to let the fire smolder out.

4 comments

    • Me

      What makes that so amazing? Dogs are often credited with alarming their owners of dangerous situations. This article has absolutely nothing to do with religion, way to bring it up.

  • asmith8279

    Not in the report, the two dogs are pit bulls. This breed has such a negative reputation. But these dogs were very loving and loyal. It’s so sad that they had to lose their lives this way. They will be missed deeply.

Comments are closed.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 687 other followers