FYFFE, Ala. (WHNT)- A 14-year-old Fyffe girl is recovering from second degree burns after an accident at a fireworks show Saturday night. Gail Ramza tells WHNT News 19 that her daughter, Airel, suffered burns to her leg during the show at Fyffe Church of God.
The church puts on a locally produced fireworks show each year in the church’s parking lot. According to Ramza, a firworks canister fell over toward the crowd. Two other people had minor injuries.
Ramza says Airel will go back to the doctor again in the coming days but is doing well.