MONTGOMERY, Ala. – Alabamians who had damage from the April 28 to May 5 severe storms, tornadoes, straight-line winds and flooding have just two more weeks to register for FEMA assistance.
The deadline to register with FEMA is Tuesday, July 1.
You can register for assistance in the following ways:
- Go online at DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Visit m.fema.gov from a Smartphone.
- Dial 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585.
- For those who use 711 Relay or Video Relay Services, call 800-621-3362.
The toll-free numbers operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
Those wishing to apply for a low-interest U.S. Small Business loan also must do so by Tuesday, July 1. Call the SBA Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 to apply.
What you need to register with FEMA:
- Before starting your application, you, your co-applicant or a minor in your home must be a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national or qualified alien.
- Social Security Number. If you do not have a Social Security number, please apply for a Social Security number, then visit DisasterAssistance.gov or call FEMA at 1-800-621-3362 to complete your disaster application. Your household may still be able to receive assistance if there is a minor in the household who is a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national or qualified alien with a Social Security number.
- Insurance Information. Describe the type(s) of insurance coverage you have, such as homeowners, flood, automobile, mobile home insurance, etc.
- Damage Information. Describe your damages caused by the disaster, including the type of disaster (flood, hurricane, earthquake) and type of dwelling (mobile home, house) or vehicle (car, boat).
- Financial Information. Provide your family’s total annual household income, before taxes, at the time of the disaster.
- Contact Information. Give FEMA the address and phone number where the damages happened and the address and phone number where you can be reached after the disaster.
- Direct Deposit Information (optional). If you are approved for assistance and want your funds deposited directly into your bank account, provide your banking information. This includes: bank name, type of account (ex: checking, savings, etc.), routing number, and account number.
After registering, you can:
- Track your application. Be sure you keep your FEMA registration number and other pertinent information on hand when you contact FEMA.
- Notify FEMA of changes to your mailing address, phone number or email address.
- Update FEMA if you receive insurance settlements or discover additional damages.