Featured Job: Safety Patrol Aide- Part-Time
This is responsible work in expediting the safe movement of pedestrians and vehicular traffic in school zones.
- Directs citizens and traffic at street intersections to ensure safe crossing.
- Places caution signs at designated points before going on duty and removes signs at end of shift.
- Works with schools on safety patrol equipment and instructions.
- May assist Special Operations Division as requested with special events.
- Performs related work as required.
- Knowledge of children’s attitudes and behavior in the context of safety education.
- Knowledge of the City’s traffic and pedestrian laws, especially pertaining to school crossings and bicycles.
- Knowledge of traffic control devices.
- Ability to courteously, safely and efficiently control pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Ability to anticipate situations and take appropriate actions to maintain safety.
- Ability to follow written and verbal orders.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
High School diploma or GED; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the above listed knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.