Didn’t Cut the Mustard: June 12, 2014
Waffle House #740 at 1507 Hwy. 72 East in Athens: Score of 76
• Dirty drink nozzles and dirty bins stored as clean.
• Country ham in cooling unit 47F.
Applebees at 1331 Hwy 72 East in Athens: Score of 77
• Damaged fryer baskets, damaged plastic trays.
• Dirty can opener.
• Rice 47F, shrimp 50F, steak 50F.
• Improper drink in prep area.
China 1 at 1441 Sunset Drive in Guntersville: Score of 58 on 6-4-14
• Dirty tea nozzles
• Cold held TCS foods on buffet and in kitchen above require temperature.
• Hot held TCS foods on buffet below required temperature.
• Loose wires on fry baskets, rough cuts on bowl lids, cracked bowls.
• Unlabeled pump sprayer with pesticide.
• Drinking in kitchen. China 1 was closed. On 6-5-14, and inspector returns and this time, the restaurant scores an 86!
Golden Spoon Winner: Rick’s BBQ at 2501 Woodward Avenue in Muscle Shoals: Score of 99