Fire Damages Home on Prairie Drive
MADISON, Ala. (WHNT) – Madison Firefighters are on the scene of an early morning house fire on Prairie Drive. It started just after midnight.
Madison Police as everyone to avoid the area until firefighters clear the scene.
The homeowner tells WHNT News 19 he noticed a fire near the chimney around 12:30 a.m. That’s when he went to get his wife and small child out of the home. He says he went back in to try to extinguish the fire, but it was too big by that point.
The fire had already spread to the attic by the time firefighters got to the home. Firefighters closed Prairie Drive at Tumbleweed Drive while battling the fire.
The home sustained heavy fire, smoke and water damage.