HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – The American Red Cross is helping one Huntsville resident after a late night fire.
The fire began a little after 10:00 p.m. Monday night at a duplex on Greenland Place.
A couch caught fire in one side of the duplex. Smoke, fire and water damage left the home unlivable. Firefighters say no one was home when the fire started.
Crews were able to keep the damage isolated to one side of the duplex. The other side was not affected.
Authorities were still working to find the woman who lives in the home.