Relay For Life for Madison and Lawrence Counties Remain On, Locations Moved
(WHNT) – The Relay For Life is an incredible and inspiring opportunity to unite as a community to honor cancer survivors, raise awareness about what we can do to reduce our cancer risk, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society fight the disease.
Join family and friends on Friday, May 16th at 7:00 p.m. at John Hunt Park for a fun-filled overnight event designed to celebrate survivorship and raise money for research.
Click here for more information or call the American Cancer Society 1-800-227-2345.
Relay For Life of Madison
NEW VENUE: BOB JONES HIGH SCHOOL, 650 HUGHES ROAD
The ceremony starts at 7 p.m. and the walking begins with the Survivors lap and then the Caregivers lap. It’s an emotional start to a great event that is making a difference in the lives of lots of people.
Here’s the general lineup and approximate times of the entertainment for tonight:
- 6:30 Mark Gessner Minister of Music @ First Baptist Madison. French Horn – HSO
- 7:30 JED EYE JED EYE is a rock band infused with Country and Blues. Huntsville Based. Play Cover Songs: CCR, Bon Jovi, 3 Doors Down, Daughtry.
- 9:00 Dance Trance The Dance Trance – licensed dance fitness program. They will be dancing and entertaining the crowd. Dances are choreographed and you can ‘jump in’ and follow along.
- 10:30 Mr. Relay Pageant – MALE contestants! We will crown our very own Mr. Relay! Contestants will be judged on 1) Overall Beauty Queen, 2) Pageant Question, 3) Who gets the most money donated from the crowd.
- 11:00 Josh Allison Voted 1st Place Best Male Singer in Valley Planet Magazine and 2nd place
Relay For Life of Lawrence County
NEW VENUE: LAWRENCE COUNTY COLISEUM
(moved from Lawrence Co. High School)
Time remains 7 p.m.