Gov. Bentley Requests Additional FEMA Aid for 5 More Counties, Including DeKalb & Etowah

Image: MGN Online

Image: MGN Online

MONTGOMERY- Governor Robert Bentley on Tuesday requested additional federal disaster assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency for five Alabama counties in response to the recent tornado outbreak in Alabama.

The additional counties in the request include: Blount, DeKalb, Etowah, Mobile and Tuscaloosa.

“It is important for every Alabamian impacted by last week’s storms to have the assistance they need to recover and rebuild their lives,” Governor Bentley said. “We have completed the joint damage assessments with FEMA in Blount, DeKalb, Etowah, Mobile and Tuscaloosa counties, and are requesting federal assistance for the citizens who live there. We will continue to work with our local and federal partners to get help to the people that need it.”

Additional Alabama counties may be included in the disaster declaration based on continuing damage assessments.

“I have seen first-hand the type of damage the residents in the five additional counties are facing, and it is essential they receive all the assistance they can during this recovery process,” said Art Faulkner, Director of the Alabama Emergency Management Agency. “We are continuing to review the data from our local and federal partners to determine if additional counties can be added.”

-Information provided by Governor Robert Bentley’s Press Office

1 Comment

Comments are closed.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 705 other followers