(WHNT) – The following businesses have announced closings or delays due to the impact of severe storms on the Tennessee Valley.
For information on which closings we will list, please read WHNT News 19′s Closings Policy.
Tuesday, April 29th:
- Defense Acquisition University will remain closed 29 April and will reopen 30 April with in-processing starting at 0700 and classes starting at 0800.
- EarlyWorks Museum and Alabama Constitution Village- Closed at 2:00 p.m.
- Huntsville City Offices – closing at 2 p.m. Tuesday.
- Huntsville-Madison County Public Library- All locations will close at 2:00 p.m. The Tuesday Evening Concerts @ the Library performance with Twickenham Jazz & Swing will be rescheduled for later in the season.
- Huntsville Public Transit will continue to operate today as long as weather permits. This includes Handi-Ride and Shuttle Busses. Public Transit urges all riders to complete their business as early as possible in case severe weather forces transportation to shut down early.
- Huntsville Sanitation Department- Sanitation trucks won’t be able to finish all of their routes this afternoon and will resume collection Wednesday morning. Some of the Wednesday-Thursday routes may be delayed one day as well.
- Huntsville Senior Center – Gem & Mineral Auction tonight is canceled. Will be rescheduled for another date.
- Jackson County Courthouse – Delayed opening until 10:00 a.m.
Lauderdale County DHR- Closed at 1pm. Will reopen on Wednesday.
Limestone County Courts – closing at 12 p.m. Tuesday. Will be rescheduled for a later date.
Madison County- All Madison County offices will be closing at noon.
Marshall County – Jury Duty cancelled today and the rest of week.
- Redstone Arsenal – remains closed Tuesday due to forecasted severe weather conditions in north Alabama this afternoon. Gate 9 will remain open 24/7 for emergency traffic only. All other gates will be closed. Read more information.
- Rocket City Federal Credit Union: Closing at 1:00 p.m.