HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – The annual Panoply Arts Festival will take place this weekend in Big Spring Park. It’s a wonderful event, taking place from Friday, April 25 through Sunday, April 27.
Panoply’s School Day will be inside the park on Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Panoply will be open to the general public on Friday from 5 to 9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. Here is more information on the various events.
Huntsville Police have already closed some streets in preparation this week. Here is the road closing and opening schedule — please be aware if you plan to drive downtown:
• Signs announcing the road closings will be placed days in advance at the intersections of closed streets and will remain in place until Monday April 28th at 5 PM.
Monday April 21st,
• Close Lowe Avenue from Church Street to the northern rear entrance to the former Holiday Inn. Access to the parking lot will be maintained from both Lowe Avenue and from Monroe Street.
• Close Monroe Street from south of the intersection at Williams Avenue, and before the entrance to the Old Holiday Inn Parking Lot, north to the south side of the exit from the circular drive of the VBC Ticket Office. Access to the VBC Ticket Office and VBC Parking Garage will be maintained from Monroe Street throughout the festival.
• Close Williams Avenue from Church Street to Monroe Street.
• Handicap parking for the event will be provided at all city parking garages and parking lots.
• Bicycle Parking will be allowed at designated bicycle racks at Monroe Street Gateway entrance and the Church Street Gateway entrance at Williams Avenue.
• All roads will be open no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, April 28.