The Nurse Practitioner provides comprehensive direct patient care and scholarly practice, including obtaining comprehensive patient histories, performing complete physical examination, ordering and performing diagnostic testing and screening, diagnosing illness, prescribing both pharmacological and other treatments for patients, and providing health maintenance and promotion interventions such as patient and family education and counseling. Also, the NP assumes accountability for indirect care responsibilities, which support patient care including staff and student education, clinical research, program development, and quality improvement.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Completion of Nurse Practitioner Masters of Science in Nursing.
- Successful completion of a National Certification Exam for NP
- Current registration through the Alabama board of Nursing and Board of Medical Examiners
- Approval of the Huntsville Hospital credentialing board.
- Acute care or ICU training desirable though not a requirement.
Cardiac or Pulmonary Experience Preferred.
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.