Directs citizens and traffic at street intersections to ensure safe crossing. Places caution signs at designated points before going on duty and removes signs at end of shift. Works with schools on safety patrol equipment and instructions. May assist Special Operations Division as requested with special events. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of children’s attitudes and behavior in the context of safety education.
- Knowledge of the City’s traffic and pedestrian laws, especially pertaining to school crossings and bicycles.
- Knowledge of traffic control devices.
- Ability to courteously, safely and efficiently control pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Ability to anticipate situations and take appropriate actions to maintain safety.
- Ability to follow written and verbal orders.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience:
High School diploma or GED; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the above listed knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.